How can I change my preferences?
You can change your preferences in Application Services.
NOTE: Do not save your preferences until you are sure they are exactly as you want them. The first three times you click the ‘save’ button are free, but each time after this, you will be charged a change of preference fee.
If you can’t change your preferences, it could be for one of two reasons:
1. The change of preference service is turned off
The change of preference service is turned off prior to large offer rounds, while we prepare to make offers. It’s available again once the offers are made.
2. You are using incorrect computer settings
Currently, you can’t change preferences on a smart phone. Please use a desktop or laptop PC or Mac, or a tablet device.
Visit technical requirements on the Application Services page for more information.
You can apply for up to six courses at a time. Listing six preferences helps maximise your chances of getting an offer.
- Use Course Search to help choose your preferences.
- Check if any of your preferences have fixed closing dates.
- Note that courses starting in the same semester may have different offer round dates. Check the offer round date for your preferences in Course Search.
- If you’re applying for courses that are being offered in different offer rounds, make sure you order them chronologically, according to the offer round date.
Yes, you can apply for different courses starting in three different semesters on the one application.
NOTE: Year 12 students cannot apply for semester 3 courses.
Yes, you can apply for the same course starting in different semesters eg semester 1 and semester 2, 2020. However, this will be considered as two preferences.
NOTE: While you can list courses for different semesters, you will maximise your chances of receiving an offer for semester 1 if you only list semester 1 start courses in the first instance.
How you order your preferences depends on whether you are doing so before or after receiving an offer.
Before an offer
Make sure you order your preferences carefully so you don’t miss out on what you want to study.
See how you should order your preferences here (PDF 48.6KB).
You can change your preferences both before and after you’ve been made an offer.
Changing preferences BEFORE an offer:
- Log in to your QTAC application and select My Application.
- Next, select Course Preferences, then Change Preferences.
- You can add, delete or edit your preferences.
- Once you’ve made all the changes you want, select Continue and follow the prompts.