Rural and Regional Enterprise Scholarships Program
The Rural and Regional Enterprise Scholarships Program (RRESP) has been introduced to improve access to and completion of tertiary education courses for students from regional and remote areas in Australia.
Please click here for a copy of the RRES Program Guidelines (PDF 1.1MB)
Applications for Round Four are now open
The Scholarship payments will assist the Recipient with the financial costs of attending their institution and undertaking their Eligible Course of Study and Internships.
The Rural and Regional Enterprise Scholarships Program can provide:
- funding up to $18,000, based on course length and type of study or training
- a further $500 to support an internship
To be considered for a Rural and Regional Enterprise Scholarship, you must meet all the eligibility criteria below:
- You must be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, holder of a permanent humanitarian visa, or a New Zealand citizen living in Australia.
- Have commenced the first year of your Eligible Course of Study in Semester 1 of 2020 and be continuing in Semester 2 of 2020 or;
- Be about to commence the first year of your Eligible Course of Study in Semester 2 of 2020.
- Your permanent home address must be in a regional or remote area as defined by the Australian Statistical Geography Standard (ASGS).
Your application will be assessed on two main selection criteria:
1. Financial Need You will need to provide documentary evidence to demonstrate financial need.
2. Capability You must provide a written response describing:
- A past educational achievement; AND/OR
- A work achievement; AND/OR
- Other achievements that help to demonstrate your ability to undertake your Eligible Course of Study.