Applications for Round 6 of the RRES Program are now open for those students commencing study in 2022.
Over 1000 scholarships are available this year, until fully allocated.
Rural and Regional Enterprise Scholarships (RRES)
The Rural and Regional Enterprise Scholarships (RRES) program was announced in 2016 to help Australians in regional and remote areas to access higher education. It supports people studying from Certificate IV through to PhD level.
Over 4,000 students have received scholarship funding since the program’s first round which commenced in 2018.
Scholarships support flexible study arrangements, and are available to eligible students:
- commencing a new course of study in 2022
- studying on campus, online or via distance education
- studying from six months full-time up to eight years part-time
Eligible students may receive up to $18,000 each (e.g. for a full-time, four-year qualification). Shorter, part-time qualifications are paid on a pro rata basis. An extra $500 is also available to support an internship.
Note: Creative Arts Scholarships were available in 2021 only. Current recipients of the program can log in here.
The Scholarship payments will assist the Recipient with the financial costs of attending their institution and undertaking their Eligible Course of Study and Internship.
The Rural and Regional Enterprise Scholarships Program can provide:
- Funding up to $18,000, based on course length and type of study or training.
- A further $500 to support an internship.
RRES is available to students who:
- meet Australian citizenship or residency requirements
- are commencing a new course of study in the same year as the relevant scholarship round
- can provide evidence of financial need
- have a permanent home address in a regional or remote area, as defined by the Australian Statistical Geography Standard (ASGS) 2016.
Your application will be assessed on two main selection criteria:
1. Financial Need: You will need to provide documentary evidence to demonstrate financial need.
2. Capability: You must provide a written response describing:
- A past educational achievement; AND/OR
- A work achievement; AND/OR
- Other achievements that help to demonstrate your ability to undertake your Eligible Course of Study.
If you have any questions about the Regional Scholarships, call us on 1800 290 979 or email us.