We have recently activated our Business Continuity Plan, which aims to ensure the health and safety of our people and the continued provision of our core operations and services during this unprecedented time.
We like to play by the rules here at QTAC, so in keeping with social distancing recommendations, all external facing school engagements including school presentations will take place via Zoom for the remainder of 2020.
The delivery method and dates for our PD workshops for educational professionals have also been reviewed and will now be delivered in an online-only format.
We will continue to evaluate our response based on the guidelines handed down by the Australian and Queensland Governments and will continue to provide updates.
We thank you for your patience and understanding during this period. The safety of our staff, school students and the wider QTAC community is an absolute priority and we will continue to work with you to ensure you and your students are fully supported throughout the year.
QTAC For Schools Portal – ATAR and QTAC Application Reporting
This portal provides a one stop shop for all of your data and QTAC resources.
*Tip – if you have previously had a “My Path” login, you have access to the “QTAC for Schools” portal and can use these details.
For those that don’t have access to the “QTAC for Schools” portal already, you will need to email email@example.com the following details:
- Email address
Our information Services team will create your account and send out a the link.
2020 school presentations
Due to the current social distancing measures put in place by the Queensland State Government, QTAC will move all external engagements to online delivery for the remainder of the 2020 school year.
The safety of our staff and the wider QTAC community is an absolute priority for us; we are taking these measures now as we do not wish to add to the list of uncertainties by applying a ‘wait-and-see’ approach to these activities. Introducing this now will allow us and our schools the ability to forward plan for these sessions.
Our “How to Apply” and “ATAR” presentations will be delivered via Zoom at a reduced cost and include up to a one-hour Q&A at the conclusion.
- If you have already have booked and paid, your session times will still be valid and we will organise a reimbursement for the difference.
- If you have not paid yet, we will issue another Eventbrite Invitation for your event.
- If you would like to cancel your event and receive a full refund, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For ATAR presentations, topics can be tailored to your school’s needs, but generally include:
- eligibility requirements
- subject prerequisites for university study
- ATAR calculation
Download the ATAR presentation registration form (PDF 134.1KB). Please include proposed dates from June 2020.
For Year 12 How to Apply presentations, topics can be tailored to your school’s needs, but generally include:
- how to apply through QTAC
- entry requirements
- ordering preferences
- important dates and deadlines
- responding to offers
- EAS scheme and other adjustment factors
- ATAR calculation and notification.
Download the How to Apply presentation registration form (PDF 176.4KB). Please include proposed dates from June 2020.
Download 2020 School Presentations by clicking on the image below
Watch the “How to Apply” and “ATAR” presentations by clicking on the below menu
2020 PD workshops for educational professionals
Attendees who have already registered for previously scheduled Insights Workshops will have received email notification about the changes being introduced.
If you have not received this communication, please email email@example.com.
The QTAC Insights Workshop has been designed specifically for careers advisors and education professionals working with students intending to progress into tertiary study. It provides broad industry insights into the following areas:
- current tertiary education industry trends, transparency and the higher education drivers
- analysis of year on year application data, statistics and patterns
- updates on the ATAR implementation process, including new resources, key dates and access
- 2021 Tertiary Prerequisite discussion with practical applications
- updates on the application process, preferencing and responding to offers for 2021 tertiary entry
- updates on the assessment process, EAS and adjustment schemes.
While workshops have concluded for 2020, those that would still like to participate can now register for this information as a self-paced webinar.
The 2021 QTAC Guide to Further Study (Year 12 Guide) has now been distributed to Queensland schools. If you have not received your copies, please call 1300 467 822.
Open days and expos
Visit the Open days & expos page for information.
Guidance officer hotline: (07) 3858 1299