QTAC for Schools
A one stop shop for all of your QTAC data and resources
QTAC for Schools is QTAC’s online reporting service for secondary schools. Here you can access sector insights, application and offer reports for your Year 12 student cohort and QTAC resources.
QTAC for Schools also enables you to receive ATAR information for those students who have consented to sharing their ATAR with their school.
For those that don’t have access to the “QTAC for Schools” portal already, please arrange for either your school Principal or an already authorised school user to email the following details to email@example.com:
- First and last name
- School name
- Postal address
- Email address
- Phone number
Our Information Services team will create your account and send out your login details.
*Tip – if you have previously had a “My Path” login, you have access to the “QTAC for Schools” portal and can use these details.
QTAC for Schools Troubleshooting
For the QTAC for Schools portal, you need to login with the username we assigned you, not your school email address. You can find your QTAC assigned user name in your welcome email and it is in the format firstname.lastname@example.org
If it gives you the option to sign in with a different account, try this first. If it doesn’t, try signing into your school account and then sign out via the user icon in the top right corner. If this doesn’t work, please try the following in this order:
- Open your web browser in private/incognito mode
- Use a different browser eg, use Chrome for your school Microsoft account and Firefox for the QTAC for Schools
- Clear your web browser cache
Take a screenshot of the error message and email it to email@example.com along with a brief description of the issue and your contact details
To have your password reset, please call our Guidance Officer enquiry line on 3858 1299, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For the second sign-in when opening a report, you need to use just your firstname.lastname and not with the ‘@qtac.edu.au’, and the same password you use to login to the portal.
Some of the reports are very ‘data heavy’ and might take quite a long time to download, particularly during busy times.
For all other issues, please email email@example.com with the details and also a screenshot where possible.
Are you submitting EAS supporting documents or school statements for a student?
- Email all supporting documents and school statements to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include the student’s full name and QTAC application number in the email subject
- Submit documents early to assist with assessment deadlines.
- Be mindful due dates for documents will vary for each offer round. These dates can be checked here
2021 School Presentations
To our school communities
Over the course of the COVID-19 pandemic QTAC has always prioritised the safety of our staff and our customers.
We continue to closely follow restrictions around indoor events and monitor the constant changes incurred with the unpredictable nature of the pandemic. Considering this, the QTAC Executive has decided that all external facing school engagements including School Presentations and Workshops will be conducted online via Zoom for the duration of 2021.
Setting this as our position now ensures the safety of our staff, students and the wider QTAC community and will guarantee us the ability to deliver these services without interruption or displacement to your scheduled event.
We thank you for your understanding and look forward to seeing you online very soon.
For general enquiries you can contact email@example.com.
2021 PD Workshops for Educational Professionals
Our QTAC workshops have concluded for 2021.
If you would like to purchase our QTAC Insights webinar, please click on the link below.
Year 12 Guides
QTAC Year 12 Guides have been distributed to all Queensland high schools and our allocation of hard copies has been exhausted.
For the most up to date course information, please direct students to Course Search.
Year 10 Guide
The “Year 10 Guide to Career Pathways and Tertiary Prerequisites” for 2021 Year 10 students is now available as an eBook.
Access the 2024 Year 10 guide and previous editions below:
QTAC ATAR Report 2020 Released
Wednesday 3 March 2021
This report provides an overview of the calculation of the Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) for the 2020 Queensland Year 12 student cohort.
The report includes a summary of subject enrolments, the outcomes of the inter-subject scaling process and the allocation of students to ATAR bands.
When reading this report and interpreting the data, it is imperative to observe the following:
- Inter-subject scaling is the process undertaken to map each QCAA subject and completed VET qualification to a common scale. This allows raw results in different subjects to be compared fairly.
- Subject Scaling is a comparative measure based on actual subject achievement data and is expected to be different from one year to the next based on the capability of the student cohort for each year. QCAA subject results are the true achievement levels.
- The performance of students in each subject, each year determine the scaling of a subject. Students should not select subjects based on predicted scaling outcomes but should choose subjects they enjoy, are good at and which meet any prerequisites for courses they want to apply for.
- QTAC does not endorse any ATAR calculators to help identify whether a student is on track to receive a particular ATAR. Calculating the ATAR is a data-driven process and schools need to be wary of calculators, as those calculators will not have access to the actual data which is used to calculate final ATARs. Although trends will form, schools, students and parents are advised not to use historical scaling data to predict future outcomes.
For an end to end breakdown of the ATAR calculation process, we invite you to read the “Calculating the ATAR in Queensland” guide published in July 2020 which was peer reviewed by statistician members of the ATAR Technical Committee, a sub group of ACTAC (Australasian Conference of Tertiary Admission Centres.)
If you have any questions about this report, please email firstname.lastname@example.org