Rural and Regional Enterprise Scholarships Program
The Rural and Regional Enterprise Scholarships Program (RRESP) has been introduced to improve access to and completion of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) tertiary education courses for students from regional and remote areas in Australia.
The Scholarship payments will assist the Recipient with the financial costs of attending their institution and undertaking their Eligible Course of Study and Internships.
The Rural and Regional Enterprise Scholarships Program can provide:
- funding up to $18,000, based on course length and type of study or training
- a further $500 to support an internship
To be considered for a Rural and Regional Enterprise Scholarship, you must meet all the eligibility criteria below:
- You must be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, holder of a permanent humanitarian visa, or a New Zealand citizen living in Australia.
- You must not have already commenced your Eligible Course of Study.
- Your permanent home address must be in a regional or remote area as defined by the Australian Statistical Geography Standard (ASGS).
Your application will be assessed on two main selection criteria:
1. Financial Need You will need to provide documentary evidence to demonstrate financial need.
2. Capability You must provide a written response describing:
- A past educational achievement; AND/OR
- A work achievement; AND/OR
- Other achievements that help to demonstrate your ability to undertake your Eligible Course of Study.
How to Apply
You can submit your application and supporting documentation below.
Follow these four easy steps to apply:
1. Click the Apply Now button below
2. Register (so you can start your application and come back later)
3. Complete the application
If you have any questions about the Rural and Regional Enterprise Scholarships program, call us on 1800 290 979 or email us.
Download the Rural and Regional Enterprise Scholarships Program brochure (PDF 7MB)
Visit the Benefits page
Read the Rural and Regional Enterprise Scholarships Program fact sheet (PDF 215.8KB), produced by the Australian Government Department of Education and Training in collaboration with the Australian Taxation Office.
02 Feb 2019