Rural and Regional Enterprise Scholarships Program
QTAC is delighted to be the Scholarship Support Organisation for the Australian Government Department of Education and Training to deliver the Rural and Regional Enterprise Scholarships Program.
The Rural and Regional Enterprise Scholarships Program improves access to and completion of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) tertiary education courses, including in the fields of health and agricultural science.
The scholarships are open to students from regional and remote areas in Australia.
The program aims to:
- increase the number of students engaging with STEM disciplines
- increase the number of students able to undertake their preferred course of STEM study, irrespective of their location
- increase program participants' rate of course completion relative to their peers.
The Program will support up to 1200 undergraduate, postgraduate and Vocational Education and Training (VET) students to undertake a STEM course, including in the fields of health and agricultural science. The scholarships are for Certificate IV to PhD courses. STEM fields include the following broad fields of study:
- Natural and Physical Sciences
- Information Technology
- Engineering and Related Technologies
- Agriculture, Environmental and Related Studies
- Health (except Complementary Therapies)
Scholarship recipients may receive total scholarship funding up to $18,000, based on course length and type of study or training. A further $500 is available to scholarship recipients to support an internship. Visit the Benefits page for more information.
The minimum duration a scholarship can support is six months full-time and the maximum is four years full-time (or part-time equivalent).
If you have any questions about the Rural and Regional Enterprise Scholarships program, call us on 1800 290 979 or email us.
Download the Rural and Regional Enterprise Scholarships Program brochure (PDF 7MB).
05 Dec 2017