QUT Elite Athlete Entry Scheme
Elite athletes applying to QUT can apply for the Elite Athlete Entry scheme and may receive an adjustment to their selection rank or ATAR. Visit the QUT website for details.
For students applying to QUT via QTAC, application for the scheme is integrated into the QTAC application.
To qualify for the QUT Elite Athlete Entry Scheme, you must currently be an athlete with a Sport Australia and meet one or more of the following criteria:
- You’re in a state development squad or team.
- You’re in a state team or an individual competing in national level competitions.
- You’re in a national development squad or team.
- You’re in a national team or an individual competing in international competitions.
Athletes in sports that sit outside Sport Australia recognised are encouraged to apply and may be considered at the discretion of the QUT Elite Athlete Program Committee.
When lodging your QTAC application, you will be asked to indicate if you are an elite athlete. If you are applying to QUT courses, you will receive a form with your QTAC application confirmation to return to QTAC with details of recent major competitions you have participated in, as well as other relevant information about your sporting achievements and lifestyle. In addition to completing this form, applicants who are not with the Queensland Academy of Sport will also need to provide an official letter signed by their coach, team manager or sporting organisation, or email from same, which details their team and squad selections and highest level of representation achieved in their sport.
Eligible students applying through QTAC for an many of QUT’s courses may receive an adjustment of up to 6.00 selection ranks. Check the QUT course information to see if the course you want to study is eligible for this adjustment.
In addition to possible adjustments, students could receive from QUT:
- financial assistance for accommodation and travel to national or international competitions
- membership of the College of Excellence, the QUT personal and professional development program
- opportunities to represent QUT in Australian University Sport events
- a QUT Sports Scholarship (Elite Athlete) ranging from $1000–$20,000. Applications for scholarships are lodged directly with QUT. Visit the QUT website for information.
QTAC will assess the application and supporting documentation and apply the relevant bonus. QUT will then contact you with further information.
If you receive a QUT offer, once you enrol at QUT and receive your QUT student number, you can apply for the QUT Elite Athlete Program to get further support and benefits to help you study successfully.