Course costs

Course costs

Financial assistance is available to cover study costs.

Public universities

Commonwealth supported places

Commonwealth supported places (CSP) help you pay part of the course fee, with the Commonwealth Government paying the rest. What you pay varies between providers and courses.

Our Course search will tell you if CSP places are offered in a particular course, and its estimated cost. Once you have enrolled, your institution will tell you the exact student contribution details.

Public universities and Christian Heritage College offer courses with CSPs.

Currently, Australian and New Zealand citizens, New Zealand Special Category Visa holders and Australian permanent residents are eligible for a CSP. 

There are also requirements about where you reside during your studies, depending on your citizenship status.

Visit the Commonwealth Government's StudyAssist website for more information.

VET courses with TAFE Queensland

TAFE Queensland has a range of payment options available to students. Find out about TAFE's costs and payment options

VET courses with CQUniversity Australia

If you plan to study a VET course with CQUniversity Australia, you are required to pay some training and assessment costs.

Depending on the course, this may be the full fee or a government-subsidised fee.

Our Course search will tell you a VET course's estimated cost. Once you've enrolled, CQUniversity will tell you the exact fee details.

For more information, contact CQUniversity Australia.

Direct entry institutions

Usually, you pay the full fee for studying a course through a direct entry institution.

You should confirm fees with individual institutions.

International student costs

International students should confirm fees with individual institutions.


Page last updated: 14 Jan 2020