International applications

International applications

How do I apply?

You apply through QTAC if you are:

  • an Australian citizen
  • an Australian permanent resident
  • a permanent humanitarian visa holder (201 or 202), or
  • a New Zealand citizen.

If you do not belong to the citizenship/residency categories listed above, check with the institution first about how to apply if you are currently studying an Australian year 12 program in Australia or abroad, studying the International Baccalaureate in Australia or abroad or studying the NCEA or A levels in New Zealand.

If your circumstances are not listed above, you need to apply directly with an institution.

What if my citizenship status changes?

Tell us in writing as soon as you become a domestic applicant.

If it is close to an offer round, call us on 1300 467 822 to check if we can amend your application in time. 

English language proficiency

Courses offered through QTAC are taught in English and students must be able to use the English language to the level set by the institution.

Institutions will advise how you can satisfy their English proficiency requirements.

NOTE: the English proficiency requirements listed on QTAC's website are for domestic applicants only.

Which language do I provide my documents in?

You don't need to submit documents unless we ask you to. 

If we ask you to, and if your documents are in a foreign language, you must submit copies of both:

  • the document in the original language
  • a full, official translation into English. Do not submit extract translations as they are not accepted.

Find out more about whether you need to provide documents, and how.

Where can I get my documents translated?


Page last updated: 29 Jul 2019