Assessment of qualifications
You can have your qualifications formally assessed to find out what rank they will be given.
An assessment of qualifications can assist if:
- you are planning future tertiary study
- you are applying to Queensland Fire and Emergency Services.
Phone us on 1300 467 822 before requesting an assessment of qualifications. We may be able to help with information about ranks for common qualifications over the phone.
An assessment of qualifications does not:
- help if you have already lodged a QTAC application. An assessment will be done as part of your application
- tell you if you meet minimum course entry requirements
- tell you if your qualifications will be accepted by the institution you want to study at
- certify your overseas qualifications as comparable to Australian qualifications.
To be assessed, your qualifications must be documented. The general guidelines are:
- Submit photocopies of your original documents, never originals. Any documents you submit become the property of QTAC and will not be returned.
- Make sure your photocopy is clear, easy to read and no parts have been cut off in the copying process.
- Resubmit documents you submitted to us previously (eg that you provided as part of a prior QTAC application or assessment of qualifications).
- Submit any foreign language documents in the original language and a full official English translation. NOTE: do not submit extract translations as they are not accepted.
The documentation you need to provide depends on your qualifications (PDF 140.1KB).
How to use this service
Print the Assessment of Qualifications form (PDF 245.3KB) and post the completed form with your documentation and payment to:
PO Box 1331
Milton Qld 4064
Fee – $140
How long does it take?
You will usually receive the statement in two to three weeks.
Page last updated: 11 Jul 2018