Assessment of qualifications
You can have your qualifications formally assessed to find out what rank they will be given.
An assessment of qualifications can assist if:
- you are planning future tertiary study
- you are applying to Queensland Fire and Emergency Services.
Phone us on 1300 467 822 before requesting an assessment of qualifications. We may be able to help with information about ranks for common qualifications over the phone.
An assessment of qualifications does not:
- help if you have already lodged a QTAC application. An assessment will be done as part of your application
- tell you if you meet minimum course entry requirements
- tell you if your qualifications will be accepted by the institution you want to study at
- certify your overseas qualifications as comparable to Australian qualifications.
To be assessed, your qualifications must be documented. The general guidelines are:
- submit photocopies of your original documents, never originals
- documents you submit become property of QTAC and will not be returned
- make sure your photocopy is clear, easy to read and no parts have been cut off in the copying process.
- documents submitted previously must be resubmitted
- documents in a foreign language - you must submit copies in the original language and a full official translation into English. NOTE: do not submit extract translations as they are not accepted.
The documentation you need to provide depends on your qualifications. (PDF 59.4KB)
How to use this service
Print the Assessment of Qualifications form (PDF 191.8KB) and send the completed form with your documentation and payment to:
PO Box 1331
Milton Qld 4064
Fee – $135 (credit card or money order if mailing; cash or EFTPOS if submitting in person)
How long does it take?
You will usually receive the statement in two to three weeks.
Page last updated: 08 Aug 2017