Access USC Elite Athlete Adjustment Scheme
Elite athletes applying to USC can apply for the Elite Athlete Adjustment scheme and may receive an adjustment to their OP score or ranking. Visit USC’s website for more details.
For students applying to USC via QTAC, application for the scheme is now integrated into the QTAC application.
To qualify for the USC Elite Athlete adjustment scheme, you must currently be an athlete, coach or referee with an Australian Sports Commission (ASC) recognised sport and meet one or more of the following criteria:
- You’re in a state development squad or team
- You’re in a state team or an individual competing in national level competitions.
- You’re in a national development squad or team.
- You’re in a national team or an individual competing in international competitions.
- You’re a coach for a state or national squad or team, or a referee in national or international competitions.
Athletes from non-ASC recognised sports are encouraged to apply and may be considered at the discretion of USC.
When lodging your QTAC application, you will be asked to indicate if you are an elite athlete. If you are applying to USC courses, you will receive a form with your QTAC application confirmation to return to QTAC with details of recent major competitions you have participated in, as well as other relevant information about your sporting achievements and lifestyle.
In addition to completing this form, applicants who are not with the Queensland Academy of Sport will also need to provide an official letter signed by their coach, team manager or sporting organisation which details their team and squad selections and highest level of representation achieved in their sport.
Eligible students applying through QTAC for an undergraduate course may receive an adjustment of up to three OPs (or six ranks). Some course exceptions apply.
In addition to possible adjustments, students could receive from USC:
- scholarships and financial assistance
- professional development programs
- facilitated support for learning
- complimentary use of USC Sport and Fitness facilities
- access to USC’s High Performance Sport Clinic services
- use of an Athlete Lounge
- well-being services.
Visit USC’s website for more information.
QTAC will assess the application and supporting documentation and apply the relevant adjustments.
Application for any related scholarships is made direct to USC. Visit USC’s website for more information.