Why tertiary study?
What is tertiary study?
Tertiary study is an education level beyond high school, and includes vocational education and training (VET) such as diplomas and advanced diplomas, undergraduate study such as bachelor degrees, and postgraduate study such as graduate certificates and masters degrees.
Visit StudyAssist for a more detailed explanation of the different qualification types.
Public universities, TAFEs, registered training organisations (RTOs) and private colleges can offer tertiary courses.
Tertiary study benefits
Tertiary study can give students:
- greater earning potential
- better career prospects and a higher rate of employment
- independent learning, problem-solving, communication and research skills
- learning, socialising, travel and networking opportunities
- the chance to broaden interests and knowledge
- increased independence, self-confidence and sense of responsibility.
Last updated: 28 Sep 2016