QTAC's Assessment Of Qualifications Service
When preparing for your tertiary application, or for use in job applications, you might like to obtain an assessment of your current qualifications or experience. QTAC's Assessment of Qualifications Service will provide you with a QTAC Standard Assessment Procedure Profile statement to help you judge if you are likely to qualify for tertiary study and consequently assist in the selection of course preferences.
QTAC Standard Assessment Procedure
The QTAC Standard Assessment Procedure supports a profile-based approach to the assessment of qualifications presented by applicants for the purpose of gaining entry to higher education courses in the State of Queensland.
QTAC Standard Assessment Procedure Profile statements are prepared for the assistance of prospective applicants and those applying for courses of training elsewhere than through this Centre. This assessment does not bind any particular College or University in Queensland, and is issued as a guide only. Each institution determines appropriate ranks and the order in which these are considered in allocating quota places. In addition, course specific entry requirements, including subject prerequisites, must also be satisfied.
This service does not provide statements regarding comparability to level within the Australian Qualifications Framework, it is only about providing information on the QTAC selection rank this qualification would receive.
How To Use The Service
To use this service please print and complete the Assessment of Qualifications form with your documentation and payment details and forward to the address below for processing;
Assessment of Qualifications
PO Box 1331
Milton Qld 4064
Fee - $63.00
Payment can be made by credit card, cheque, money order if mailing the form or by cash or EFTPOS if submitting the form at QTAC office in Milton.
When documenting a qualification:
never send originals of important documents;
all copies of original documents must be certified;
any documents you submit become property of QTAC and will not be returned; and
documents lodged with QTAC in previous years must be resubmitted.
- Any qualification undertaken in a foreign language must be documented by a certified copy of the original transcript and accompanied by an official translation in English. Please note that extract translations are not acceptable, full translations are required.
Senior/Year 12 Secondary Studies or equivalent
- Secondary qualifications will only be assessed if they have been completed.
- An academic transcript showing all subjects attempted and all grades received (including failures) in your final year of secondary studies must be submitted for this qualification to be assessed.
Tertiary and Post Secondary Studies
- Full academic transcripts showing all subjected attempted to date, results (including failures), a key to the grading system, name of the award, degree certificate and proof of award/completion if applicable must be provided.
Trades or Traineeships
- Australian trades and traineeship qualifications achieved prior to the implementation of the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) in 1995 and/or overseas qualifications achieved in any year – you will need to provide a copy of your certificate showing trade or traineeship completion from the relevant government or issuing body.
- Australian trades and traineeship qualifications achieved since the implementation of the AQF (from 1995) – you will need to provide a copy of your AQF qualification (e.g. Certificate III, Diploma, etc) together with a full academic record showing all subjects undertaken and results (including failures) from your Registered Training provider.
- NOTE: A TAFE Statement of Attainment is insufficient to document a qualification, the academic record is required.
- Australian nursing / health care qualifications achieved through hospital based or registration body training and/or any overseas nursing / health qualifications – you will need to provide a copy of your original certificate of registration from the relevant governing body. NOTE: Your annual nursing licence is insufficient to document this qualification.
- Australian nursing / health care qualifications that have been achieved as academic qualifications – you will need to provide a copy of your AQF qualification (e.g. Certificate III, Diploma, etc) together with a full academic record showing all subjects undertaken and results (including failures) that qualified you for registration.
- Armed Forces and Police service documentation needs to identify rank(s) achieved, division(s) worked in and length and dates of services for each rank.
- This section also includes the following qualifications: Commercial Pilot licence, language qualifications and memberships to professional associations.
- Employment will only be assessed if it equates to a minimum of six months full-time paid employment.
- It is essential that your employment experience be substantiated by signed statements from your employers. These statements must be dated, on official letterhead and must include the following information: job title; duties performed; type of employment (full-time, part-time or casual); length and dates of service (including number of days per week for part-time or casual employment)
- If you have been self-employed, you must provide supporting documents from your accountant, solicitor or tax agent on official letterhead identifying the same details as above as well as the type of business and length of time the accountant, solicitor or tax agent has been of service to you and the relevant business.
- Personal resumes, curricula vitae, group certificates, pay slips and tax returns are not sufficient to assess employment.
QTAC will not assess the following qualifications
- Incomplete secondary qualifications;
- AQF Certificates I and II;
- Grade 1-6 music, dance, and speech and drama qualifications;
- First aid certificates;
- Justice of the Peace qualifications;
- Diving certificates;
- Responsible Service of Alcohol certificates; and
- Short duration courses.