Payment can be made:
- At the time of application by credit card (MasterCard and Visa only). Please note that pop up blockers should be set to allow www.qtac.edu.au.
- BPay - if you select BPAY, you can pay via your bank or financial institution. You can also pay using cheque/money order or in person at QTAC or by credit card via Current Applicant online services. You will not be considered for tertiary offers until full payment is received by QTAC.
- You will need a compliant browser (eg Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari) with specific settings enabled.
- You will need access to a printer to print a review of your application and any cover sheets.
- the latest version of Java is installed and your browser is Java enabled.
- A screen resolution of 1024 x 768 or higher
- browser pop-up blockers should be set to allow access to www.qtac.edu.au
- Macintosh users will only be able to access the ABW service if you are running Mac OS/X, version 10.5 or higher is recommended.
More information on required computer equipment and software settings.
If your computer is not compliant with QTAC's technical requirements, you can use our public access PCs at our office in Milton, or if outside Brisbane, you may be able to access the Internet through tertiary institutions, public libraries, or internet cafes.
Before you commence your ABW application you should take some time to prepare. To complete your application successfully you will need the following:
- a valid credit card (MasterCard and Visa only)
- your academic/qualification details (e.g. where, when and what you studied)
- awareness of whether you will be required to provide documentation to support your application so that you can provide them as soon as possible
- some idea of your course preferences
Please note that each QTAC application you lodge in different admissions will have a different QTAC application number. You cannot use an application number from a previous admissions period.
Completing an ABW Application
The ABW facility appears as a series of filing cards, each covering a separate topic. You progress through the application by answering the relevant question or clicking on the "Continue" button provided.
- Select your payment option.
- Complete your application details for each card.
- Review your details. If you wish to make any changes to your application, you can do so now. After reviewing your details and checking it is correct, you can then lodge your application. If paying by credit card you must make your payment before your application is lodged.
Note: Your application has not been lodged until you see the Confirmation of Lodgement page
- Print your Confirmation of Lodgement and any other documents that have been provided for printing.
Documenting Your Application
You will be advised on your Application Review if any of the qualifications that you have listed in your application will require supporting documentation. Once you lodge your application, the Confirmation of Lodgement sheet will provide you with links to cover sheets that match these qualifications. These are to be printed and attached to the documents when forwarding them to QTAC.
There will also be a link to a sheet titled Documentation Guidelines that gives you the details on how to document the variety of qualifications accepted for assessment by QTAC. You should print this page for later reference.
Documentation should be submitted as soon as possible. If an applicant is requested by QTAC to supply further documentation because the documentation provided does not conform to the guidelines, this will attract the separate submission of documents fee.