QTAC offers a range of information about courses being offered. If you want to look at the courses in your area of interest, use Course Search to search and review courses available.
Click HERE to open Course Search
Tips for searching for courses
- Select when you wish to start, ie Semester 1
- Type your area of interest or the name of a course into the key word search and then click on search. The results will be courses which match your search criteria
- If you wish to select on the basis of mode of study, OP/QTAC Selection Rank or course level, select Advanced Search.
- The table presented will provide an overview of courses available including offer dates. The major(*) offer date for all courses is displayed. Additional early or further offer dates will also be displayed if applicable. These dates are advised progressively by institutions.
- Click on the course title to obtain course/program information.
Reading a typical course entry
Bachelor of Innovation
QTAC Code and Campus
1st Year Fee/Contribution
Sem 1 2011 OP/Rank
Sem 1 2012 OP/Rank
- (2a) - CSP - Public universities offer Commonwealth Supported Places. The amount listed against a CSP course at a public university represents the estimated student contribution (2b) for the first year. View more....
- (2c) - Fee - Private Institutions list their tuition fee (2d) and it may be listed per subject, per year or for the entire program.
- SO, PGF, fee - TAFE and SBIT study fees can be listed as Standard Offering (SO) meaning the program attracts a government subsidy; partially government funded (PGF) for programs that receive a partial subsidy that can vary between programs or fee-based (fee) meaning the tuition fees are not government subsidised.
3. Duration is the length of a course in years. Modes of study are full-time (F), part-time (P), distance education (X) and flexible delivery (FL) (which is a combination of study types offered as an alternative to on-campus study which usually includes a combination of distance education and ongoing on-campus workshops).
4. OP/Rank is the minimum Overall Position (OP) for Queensland Year 12 students and minimum QTAC selection rank for all other applicants that were required for entry to courses in the previous year's major offer round for first semester. These provide a reasonable guide to anticipated 2013 requirements ( for the major offer round for semester 1) however the cut offs may differ depending on number and quality of applicants and places to be offered. 2011 Op/rank cut offs can be found on the course entry. Please note the op/ranks listed are not an appropriate guide for Semester 3 2012 or Semester 2 2013 offer rounds.
7. New course or New Program in the OP/Rank section or New Program means that the course/program or this version of the program i.e. an external program has not previously been offered through QTAC. Therefore past OP/Selection ranks are not available.
9. Prerequisites for a course must be met to be considered for admission to the course regardless of an applicant's OP or QTAC selection rank. View more....
10. Assumed Knowledge is the minimum level of achievement in Senior studies (or equivalent) considered necessary for successful first year tertiary study. Students lacking the assumed level of knowledge are not prevented from receiving an offer; however, they may be disadvantaged unless they undertake recommended bridging, preparatory or introductory subjects prior to or during first year of study.
Please see Course Changes for significant changes to course offerings including new courses, withdrawn courses, and changes to course prerequisites, duration, fees, and titles.
You can also see the list of changes for the Pathways to Tertiary Study component of the QTAC Guide for significant changes to institution assessment policies.