QTAC operates a year round application system. Applying through QTAC is made easy as you are able to lodge one application for up to six different courses. Applications can be made for Semester 3, Semester 1 and Semester 2 in the one admissions period.

To lodge an application, please go to Online Services and select the application relevant to you. There are two online applications, the Twelve to Tertiary application and the Apply By Web application. The one you use depends on whether you are a current Year 12 student, international applicant, tertiary student transferring studies or other type of applicant.

Current QTAC Applicants

Once you have lodged your QTAC application, you are considered a Current Applicant. All applicants have access to Current Applicant online services. The service is used to view or update selected details of your application. For more information...

Current Year 12 Students

QTAC's application methods relate to the category of applicant - Current Year 12 or Non-Year 12.

You are considered a Current Year 12 applicant if:

Information regarding applying, fees, documentation etc is available by viewing Current Year 12.

Non Year 12 applicants

QTAC's application methods relate to the category of applicant - Current Year 12 or Non-Year 12.

You are considered a Non-Year 12 applicant if

  • you are studying an overseas Year 12 qualification, i.e. NCEA in New Zealand.
  • you are already studying at a tertiary institution and want to apply for a course at another institution
  • you are using Alternative Entry qualifications to be considered for tertiary entrance
  • you are completing Senior External Examination subjects or Certificate IV in Adult Tertiary Preparation
  • you completed Year 12 in any year other than the current year i.e. 2009 Year 12 students would apply via Apply by Web (ABW)

Information regarding applying, fees, documentation, alternative entry etc is available online by viewing Non Year 12.


International Applicants

If you are not an Australian or New Zealand citizens or do not hold a visa giving permanent residence in Australia, you can apply directly to the institution or through QTAC (as described above). Irrespective of the application method, offers to international applicants are made directly by the relevant tertiary institution, not by QTAC.

Special Admissions Schemes

Special Admissions Schemes can assist some applicants to gain entry to certain tertiary courses. View more....

Applicants with Disability

If you have a disability and are having problems applying for tertiary study through the online QTAC application, call us on 1300 GO QTAC (1300 467 822) and we can assist you with the application process. A person with disability has the right to participate in tertiary education as fully as possible and on the same basis as the rest of the community. View more...



Top of Page