QTAC operates a year round application system. Applying through QTAC is made easy as you are able to lodge one application for up to six different courses. Applications can be made for Semester 3, Semester 1 and Semester 2 in the one admissions period.
To lodge an application, please go to Online Services and select the application relevant to you.
You can lodge one application only in any one admissions period. You can apply for 2014/2015 Admissions from 5 August 2014.
2014 Australian Standard Year 12 Students
You are a Year 12 student studying a standard Year program if you:
- are completing or repeating a standard Year 12 program in 2014 in Australia including Queensland Senior or the interstate equivalent and the International Baccalaureate.
This category does not include:
- students completing most of their senior subjects via the Queensland Senior External Examination
- students doing Certificate IV in Adult Tertiary Preparation
- students completing non-standard Year 12 programs such as Accelerated Christian Education (ACE).
Non Year 12 applicants
If you are not an Australian or New Zealand citizens or do not hold a visa giving permanent residence in Australia, you can apply directly to the institution or through QTAC (as described above). Irrespective of the application method, offers to international applicants are made directly by the relevant tertiary institution, not by QTAC.
Special Admissions Schemes
Special Admissions Schemes can assist some applicants to gain entry to certain tertiary courses. This can include;
- Educational Access Scheme (EAS)
- Year 12 Bonus Rank Schemes
- Access and Equity Schemes
- Regional Preference Schemes
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Admissions
- Other special admissions schemes
Applicants with Disability
If you have a disability and are having problems applying for tertiary study through the online QTAC application, call us on 1300 GO QTAC (1300 467 822) and we can assist you with the application process. A person with disability has the right to participate in tertiary education as fully as possible and on the same basis as the rest of the community. For more information, see Applicants with Disability.
Current QTAC Applicants
Once you have lodged your QTAC application, you are considered a Current Applicant. All applicants have access to Current Applicant online services. The service is used to view or update selected details of your application. See Current Applicant for more information.