Non-Year 12 Entry
Professional or Postsecondary Qualifications
If you believe your formal qualifications may be insufficient for tertiary entry you may wish to have your professional or post-secondary qualifications taken into account.
You may be allocated a QTAC selection rank on the basis of many professional or post-secondary qualifications. The following are the main qualifications that may be assessed by QTAC:
- Health care qualifications such as registered and enrolled nurse, dental therapist or assistant, and veterinary nurse training;
- Apprenticeships and traineeships;
- Police, Fire, Merchant Marine, Civil Aviation and Defence Force ranks;
- Creative arts qualifications in the areas of music, dance, and speech and drama;
- Language qualifications such as translating and interpreting or language proficiency;
- Membership of professional associations for which qualifying examinations were undertaken.
Please contact QTAC Information Services for more information about the assessment of these qualifications. You may also view information about the assessment of some of these qualifications in the QTAC Guide.