Non-Year 12 Entry
QTAC can obtain most Australian Year 12 and tertiary results directly from the education provider. See the Institution List for institutions and years from which QTAC can access results. Please note that if you owe institutional fees your results may be withheld from QTAC by the institution. Where QTAC cannot obtain the information directly from the education provider you must provide the documentation.
Documentation should be submitted as soon as possible. For offer round information and due dates to submit documentation, please see Key Dates.
Each document sent to QTAC in support of your application must have its cover sheet attached. Cover sheets will generate at the end of the online application for all the documentation you need to submit. You can print your cover sheets at the end of the application or after your application is lodged via Current Applicant online services.
After applying, you can access Current Applicant online services to track your documentation for your qualifications. This service will also report on the assessment progress of your application. You will receive feedback on documentation received and if it is assessable for tertiary entrance. You can also view a movie about Tracking Your Application.
Please note that a $34 fee will be charged every time QTAC requests further documentation if the documents provided are insufficient. Where tertiary results are withheld from QTAC due to outstanding institution fees, the documentation fee will apply.
- attach the documentation to the correct QTAC cover sheet
- documents should be mailed or delivered to QTAC in person
- documents that are emailed or faxed to QTAC will not be accepted
- send copies only; do not send original documents as they will not be returned
- any documents you submit become the property of QTAC and will not be returned
- documents lodged with QTAC in previous years have not been retained and need to be resubmitted
- If your application or documentation contains false, incorrect or misleading information, QTAC may cancel your application, any fees paid will not be refunded and you may be excluded from applying to QTAC for a period of up to two years. Please see the Applicant Declaration for more information.
In all cases QTAC reserves the right to sight an original document.
Any qualification undertaken in a foreign language must be documented by a copy of the original transcript and accompanied by a copy of an official translation in English.
Please note that extract translations are not acceptable, full
translations are required.
The following qualifications will require documentation to be submitted if QTAC cannot obtain your results. Please check the Institution List for details.
Secondary Studies - a copy of your certificate of results showing all subjects undertaken, results achieved (including failures), and proof of award/completion of your Senior/Year 12 or equivalent certification.
Bridging and Preparatory Studies - a copy of your academic record showing all subjects undertaken, results (including failures), a key to the grading system, name of the award and proof of award/completion if applicable.
- Tertiary studies - a copy of your academic record showing all subjects undertaken, results (including failures), a key to the grading system, name of the award and proof of award/completion if applicable. If you were ever excluded, refused further enrolment or place on academic probation, you should provide a statement to QTAC giving reasons why you believe you can now study successfully. Some institutions may take this into account when assessing your application.
- Certificate, Advanced Certificate or other studies - a copy of your academic record showing all subjects undertaken, results (including failures), a key to the grading system, name of the award and proof of award/completion if applicable.
- Trade and Traineeships achieved since 1995 - a copy of an academic record showing all subjects undertaken, results (including failures),a key to the grading system and proof of award/completion of your AQF qualification (e.g. Certificate III) from your Registered Training provider.
NOTE: Memoranda of results or transcripts downloaded from the Internet are not acceptable.
The following qualifications must be documented:
- STAT - a copy of your official statement of test results for STAT sittings administered by an agency other than QTAC prior to 1996.
- English Language proficiency Tests - To demonstrate English language proficiency, you can undertake a English Language proficiency examination. You would then provide a copy of your official statement of test results. Alternatively you can provide other evidence of English Language ability (e.g. substantial work experience in an English speaking country. Refer to Employment on how to document this. You should also provide a letter detailing why you should be exempt from providing documentary evidence.
Trades and Traineeships
Qualifications achieved prior to 1995 (prior to the implementation of the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF)- you will need to provide a copy of your Trade/Traineeship completion certificate from the relevant government or issuing body, such as Training and Employment Queensland.
NOTE: A TAFE Statement of Attainment is insufficient to document a completed trade or traineeship.
Other Postsecondary and Professional Qualifications
Health care qualifications - registered and enrolled nurse, dental therapist or assistant, veterinary nurse training;
Police, Fire, Merchant Marine, Civil Aviation and Defence force ranks;
Creative Arts qualifications in music, dance, speech and drama; (for creative arts qualifications evidence of an accompanying theory qualification may be required. Please contact QTAC Information Services for further details).
Language qualifications - translating and interpreting or language proficiency; Membership of Professional Associations for which qualifying examinations were undertaken
You will need to provide a copy of the documentation of the qualification.
- Employment - a statement of service that is dated, on official company letterhead and outlines the position you held, duties performed, type of employment (full-time, part-time or casual). Please refer to Employment experience for more information.
Educational Access Scheme - for most categories, you must complete the Educational Access Scheme cover sheets and attach supporting statements.
- Personal Competencies Assessment -submit your PCA statement addressing the six PCA categories together with supporting documents and referee statements.