Non-Year 12 Entry
The following information details whether you must supply documentation to support the qualifications accepted for assessment by QTAC. If your supporting documentation does not follow these guidelines the qualification cannot be assessed.
When documenting a qualification:
- QTAC requires a certified copy; a certified copy is one that has been verified to be a true copy by an appropriate person (see list below) who sights the original document and the copy at the same time
- documents should be mailed or delivered to QTAC in person, click here for QTAC's address details.
- documents that are emailed or faxed to QTAC will not be accepted
- never send irreplaceable original documents such as your Senior or Degree certificates
- any documents you submit become the property of QTAC and will not be returned
- documents lodged with QTAC in previous years have not been retained and need to be resubmitted
Certification and Documents
Who can certify your documents?
- QTAC will copy and certify your original documents if presented in person (a photocopying fee of 30 cents per page applies)
- the authority that issued the document (e.g. high school principal, registrar of a tertiary institution or their representative)
- Interstate Admissions Centres for the nationally approved fee of $4.40 plus $1.10 per page
- Justices of the Peace or Commissioners of Declaration. To find a Justice of the Peace, see www.justice.qld.gov.au.
- Accountants (members of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia, or the Australian Society of Certified Practising Accountants, or the Association of Taxation and Management Accountants or the National Institute of Accountants or Registered Tax Agents)
- Barristers, Solicitors or Patent Attorneys
- Police Officers in charge of a station, or Police Officers with the rank of sergeant or above
- Principals of an Australian secondary college or high school.
In all cases QTAC reserves the right to sight an original document.
The following qualifications may require documentation to be submitted
Secondary Studies - if you have study from institutions other than those in QTAC's Institution List, you must provide a certified copy of your certificate of results showing all subjects undertaken, results achieved (including failures), and proof of award/completion of your Senior/Year 12 or equivalent certification.
Bridging and Preparatory Studies - if you have study from institutions other than those in QTAC's Institution List, you are required to provide a certified copy of your academic record showing all subjects undertaken, results (including failures), a key to the grading system, name of the award and proof of award/completion if applicable.
- Tertiary studies - If you have study at institutions other than those in QTAC's Institution List, you will need to provide a certified copy of your academic record showing all subjects undertaken, results (including failures), a key to the grading system, name of the award and proof of award/completion if applicable. If you were ever excluded, refused further enrolment or place on academic probation, you should provide a statement to QTAC giving reasons why you believe you can now study successfully. Some institutions may take this into account when assessing your application.
- Certificate, Advanced Certificate or other studies - If you have study at institutions other than those in QTAC's Institution List, you will need to provide a certified copy of your academic record showing all subjects undertaken, results (including failures), a key to the grading system, name of the award and proof of award/completion if applicable.
NOTE: Memoranda of results or transcripts downloaded from the Internet are not acceptable.
- STAT - You do not have to provide any documentation for the Special Tertiary Admissions Test (STAT) if you sat the test through QTAC in any year or sat the test through any other interstate admissions centre or agency since 1996. You must provide a certified copy of your official statement of test results for STAT sittings administered by an agency other than QTAC prior to 1996.
- UMAT - You do not have to provide any documentation for the Undergraduate Medical Admissions Test (UMAT). You should enter your Candidate Number if available.
- English Language proficiency - If your first language is not English and you have not previously undertaken at least one year of secondary or tertiary study where the medium of instruction was English, you are required to demonstrate your English Language Proficiency. To demonstrate English language proficiency, you can undertake a English Language proficiency examination. You would then provide a certified copy of your official statement of test results. Alternatively you can provide other evidence of English Language ability (e.g. substantial work experience in an English speaking country. Refer to Employment on how to document this. You should also provide a letter detailing why you should be exempt from providing documentary evidence. View more..
The following qualifications must be documented:
- Foreign Qualifications - any qualification undertaken in a foreign language must be documented by a certified copy of the original transcript and accompanied by a certified copy of an official translation in English. Please note that extract translations are not acceptable, full translations are required.
Trades and Traineeships
Qualifications achieved prior to the implementation of the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) prior to 1995 - you will need to provide a certified copy of your Trade /Traineeship completion certificate from the relevant government or issuing body, such as Training and Employment Queensland.
Qualifications achieved since the implementation of the AQF (from 1995) - a certified copy of an academic record showing all subjects undertaken, results (including failures),a key to the grading system and proof of award/completion of your AQF qualification (e.g. Certificate III) from your Registered Training provider.
NOTE: A TAFE Statement of Attainment is insufficient to document a completed trade or traineeship.
Other Postsecondary and Professional Qualifications
Health care qualifications - registered and enrolled nurse, dental therapist or assistant, veterinary nurse training; Police, Fire, Merchant Marine, Civil Aviation and Defence force ranks; Creative Arts qualifications in music, dance, speech and drama; Language qualifications - translating and interpreting or language proficiency; Membership of Professional Associations for which qualifying examinations were undertaken
You will need to provide a certified copy of the documentation of the qualification. For creative arts qualifications evidence of an accompanying theory qualification may be required. Please contact QTAC Information Services for further details.
- Employment - View more..
Educational Access Scheme - you must complete the Educational Access Scheme forms and attach supporting statements. View more..
- Personal Competencies Assessment - View more..
Documentation should be submitted as soon as possible. If an applicant is requested by QTAC to supply further documentation because the documentation provided does not conform to the guidelines listed above, the submission of these documents will attract the separate submission of documents fee.